Thursday, April 29, 2010

work.work.work




Beautiful work day. No rain..calm winds and lots of sun. We also got another grocery shipment. Faxed an order to Safeway at 2:15 and were drinking chocolate milk by 6pm. Not bad. 8 boxes of the fresh food..should be good for a few more weeks. The cabin is coming along nicely. Got over half of the loft floor in. Still need to plane and haul the last 12 boards over. Spent the whole morning splitting shakes. All I needed was 6 more backpack's full and I figured I would have enough. But they took all morning. I wandered way down the beach in search of the right log. But every one was either rotten or two many knots. It took a frustratingly long time. But I now have enough to finish the roof. Tomorrow (if the weather is good) I plan to finish the roof. I first need to install some silicone on the chimney flashing and then..the final shakes. I will be working my way up the roof so I need to bring everything on the roof first...because there will be no coming down till I am done. Jana is gonna come and be on standby..in case I drop anything. She can throw it back up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment