Saturday, April 24, 2010

mill day




Well...the mill got going to today (thanks Ben and Jeremy) The guys (mostly Jeremy) turned one big soaking wet spruce log into 28 beautiful 2x6 20 footers. That will be my floor/ceiling in the cabin. I stacked them and will be waiting for them to dry in the next few days. I want to plane one side of them. With my little makita hand planer. I packed three of them in this morning. Incase anyone is wondering. One 20foot wet 2x6 is heavy..now try walking on a slippery rotting boardwalk...or through the bush. After three trips........I think I will be boating the rest around. Jana has been helping Shannon the last few afternoons..painting the cabinets for there new kitchen. Shannon begged me too take a picture..because she was so excited to make the "blog".
We had a very delicious meal tonight (salmon,prawns and rice with homemade bread) better than the KD dad made last night. The mom's have decided no more KD..apparently every kid in town was trouble going to bed ..after that gourmet meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment