Thursday, April 15, 2010

day is done




Well.. got the roof done as planned. The roof is all ready for a shake splitting work bee. The house wrap is on and fully strapped. The other side was alot easier when Matt was there to help. But I got it today..had to eat dinner later than everyone else..but it was worth. (jana's homemade pita's mmm). Now I can start thinking about putting in windows and doors..and maybe some shakes. I have to do 14 rows..so If I do one a day I should be done in 14 days right. I really don't feel like doing it all in two or three days.
Jana and gang had oodles of fun on the beach. Sydney got her first taste of apples and sand. She loved it. It sure is nice that she is feeling better.... She is a real character and we missed her big toothy grin the last few days. Her bottom teeth have really shot out the last few days. When I came home around 7:30 I found everyone outside at the Vanderheides (Ben and Shannon) Ben had gotten an octopus in his prawn trap. (which was set in front of our cabin) He had gutted the octopus and is planning on using it for halibut bait tomorrow. Liam wasn't too sure about the slimy pile of legs on their lawn. Jana thought it was super neat. She was learning all about it...they got these cool beaks and one of there legs is actually a penis. (we couldn't figure out which one). Sorry we never took any pics.
I did notice that Smithers was 21 degrees today. I hope everyone is enjoying it there...not quite as warm here. Hope the river isn't flooding. The ocean water is super clean and clear here..but it will get silty when the Skeena River is flooding.

2 comments:

  1. So it looks like 495lbs is the worlds largest pacific Halibut ever caught, thats huge. 312lbs ain't bad either.
    I looked up largest Lingcod and it wasn't that big, about 55" long 86 pounds. I looked at pictures of Dad's and mine Lingcod we caught and it was about 50" long. Didn't know our was so big.

    More pictures of the Cabin please!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. wher'd you find the sand?? - Josh

    ReplyDelete