Friday, April 16, 2010

dinner on the beach






Well it didn't rain all day. The weather said it would...but we aren't complaining. This morning I was listening to CBC. I got a smile as the weather reported Smithers as lightly raining. Probally not gonna happen to much..I shouldn't get cocky. So too take advantage of the nice evening we drove over to the "farside" beach. We had a little cookout. We met Ben on the road..he had just caught 75 prawns. he then gave half of them to us..awesome (thanks again Ben). First time I cooked them on a fire..and they were great. Should have brought butter. Jana spent most of the day outside with the kids..lots of walking and exploring..then big long naps followed by an online playdate with Ava.
Cabin is coming along..started on the beach access. More driftwood got piled in over the winter. I will need a better trail to pack stuff in soon.Tomorrow I am gonna chainsaw mill some of the beach cedar. that should scare off all the wildlife I saw today. Deer walked right in, otter was sitting 20feet away eating a clam.

No comments:

Post a Comment