Monday, May 31, 2010

patio door/counter top






The weekend was a blur. Not many photo's but lots of fun. I tried fishing with Lutz most of Sunday..nothing..nada...zip...We gave it an honest try..all over the map..but no luck. I' ll try again tomorrow. This stubborn dutchman is itching to catch a salmon. The sun was beaming down all day in Oona..actually kinda of muggy with zero breeze. So we had a picnic dinner with the Vanderheide's amongst the boulders in front of their house in the river bed.

We started the week off with more work...We got the patio door installed so the cabin is now completely sealed in. With heat in there it is almost ready to move in. All that is needed is a kitchen sink. The sink has been found we just need to make a counter top for it. Hidden in the rafters of the local sawmill we found a 20foot 16x2 beautiful clear dry cedar slab. After a little planing and sanding it will be an awesome counter..we are pumped. Jana has been hard at work finishing the counter top.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see your still alive. Love the progress, looks so good. I've been working in my shop/garage lately. Made a Garden Archway thing. Bethany wanted it for at the wedding. Now I'm disassembling bikes and painting them. Feels good to do work. Now I just need more wood working tools. I borrowed Lukes for the Archway, but am tooless once again. Oh well Matt was talking about this mega pack, maybe after I'm married I'll get one of those.

    Keep up the Good work.

    Uncle Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great ! - you've been busy! - Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing progress! I can't believe that you are already putting in the kitchen & doors! When is the anticipated move-in date? - Sara

    ReplyDelete