Thursday, May 13, 2010

gable ends






Well got one side finished. And the first window in. I tackled the hardest side first. But managed to get all the siding on the west gable end. Sure glad me and Eric put the big yellow cedar log on the beams. It was very nice to stand on. I have left the other side of the gable open..so I can pass stuff up into the loft. I have some stuff coming on the next barge...should be here tomorrow. Jana and the kids were out at the cabin all day. Which was a big help whenever I dropped something. Both kids napped..so Jana was glad to get a few hours in..on her garden path and plants. The tides are low again. I took a picture for kenny and caroline because they never really got to see the low tidal sand flats. Caroline taught Liam how to tell a "boy" crab from a "girl". Now he spends all his free time..inspecting crabs. After a quick dinner Liam, Lutz and me went fishing for 3 hours..we caught one little halibut..enough for half a meal tomorrow....a taste..maybe it is the start off something better.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Jon, looks good. Exciting to see you it come together like that.

    Sweet stuff.

    Uncle E

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless your gardening attempts Jana, is my Rhodo blooming yet?

    Have a great weekend..
    Mom Seinen..

    ReplyDelete