Thursday, May 6, 2010

back to work





Parents are gone (left early this morning). No more birthdays. Now I can get back to work on the cabin. Until tomorrow when Kenny and Caroline get here.(very excited, it's so much fun sharing this place) They fly in at 8:30. Today's work project is continuing with the stairs. I have gotten the hole cut in the ceiling. Hopefully enough bracing in place to support the stairs. Now just building them. I spent the morning chainsaw milling some 3 inch slabs for the bottom 2 steps. Then there is a small landing that I built a few days ago. For the rest of staircase I made a template out of a 1x8. Then packed that out to Ben's house. Where I borrowed his jigsaw and skillsaw and belt sander to make the stringers. (thanks Ben) Next step was take the stringers down to the dock..load them in a skiff and bring them to the cabin. I only had a quick second to check them..but I was happy with the way they fitted. Now onto the fishing. I was planning on fishing in front of our cabin for an hour. But today is the opening for prawn fishing. A commercial boat has strung out dozens of traps all in front of us. So much for prawning....a doubt there will be any left for us to catch later. I tried fishing elsewhere for a bit but no luck. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, back home again,had one new calf while we were gone to Oona,shared video and pictures with GrandOpa and GrandOma and chocolate birthday cake..
    Sylvia caught a halibut(tiny halibut less than 1Lb. to be honest) and two rock cod on the way back to Port Ed.
    Thanks for the goodtimes..keep well, God Bless
    Henry and Sylvia..

    ReplyDelete