Wednesday, May 26, 2010

bedroom #2






So now that the upstairs is done..sort of. We need another bedroom. So the plan is too extend the south side by 8 feet. Add a little roof and make half a porch and the other half a 8x8 bedroom. The bedroom needs to be stepped up a foot because of the ground slope. Even with stepping it up there is a lot of material to move. Everything that gets chopped and dug out gets thrown behind the house on a platform that I hope to put the black water tank. So today we had to dig foundation holes. About two feet down till I hit rock. Jana packs small rocks from the beach and we tamp them down. On these pads I add cedar blocking. Now to the beach..I need 10foot 6x8 poles for my floor joists and beams to set them on. They are easily found..slightly harder to pack them up and put them in place. But a bit of sweat and by lunchtime the foundation and joists are in place. After lunch..Liam goes swimming...Jana tackles some garden and trail building..Sydney naps and I put on the new deck and the stepped up bedroom floor.

Today the weather was so gorgeous...hot and sunny and water dead calm. So I had to try fishing...trolled for 2 hours after dinner but no fish...maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Josh and Laura's pictures looked amazing, such a great visit I'm sure. Sorry they had to leave, but you Big Jon need to get back to work, and back to work you did. Very ambitious brother, you truely are an inspiration.

    God Bless

    Uncle Eric

    ReplyDelete