Tuesday, May 18, 2010

another end done






Just about all done work from a ladder. Got the other gable side done. Feels good to finish another small piece of the project. The siding sure goes on nice. I wish I had enough to finish the whole cabin.They can make it locally but..everyone is too busy with logging. Ben had enough extra pieces for me to finish this bit..but I would like more.
It's a little tricky putting the windows in up there by yourself. But you can do it. Sure glad I didn't let Jana convince me too put the big 5 footer up there. I still need some windows for the dormer part...not sure what to do yet. Also got the rest of the plywood screwed down on the loft floor. Now Jana can paint it. All we got is the same colour paint as the windows..so I guess that's the colour of the floor. We can buy lots of rugs to cover it.
Jana has made tortilla's for dinner and fresh halibut............mmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome Jon! You are one energetic and talented guy. I'm impressed!... and also a little jealous of all the seafood you guys get to eat. Does Jana get any time off for school work or is she able to take a break from that?
    Hugs to those kissy cheeked little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with how it is all looking. I miss all of you, but have hopes of seeing you soon, although, I hear from Kenny and Carrie I shouldn't get my hopes up too high???
    Hugs and Kisses to all the little people and big bear hugs to the bigger people! Love, love and more love...
    Going to the cabin for the long weekend and am very envious of the Wimbush clan who are all so excited to see you!
    xoxox
    M & J

    ReplyDelete