Monday, May 10, 2010

messing around in boats






A day for boats. First off Kenny and I filled one skiff with lumber. All the remaining lumber for the loft and a few cedar 2x4. We towed that skiff with another. Packed up the lumber and finished the loft floor. It was very nice to get that done..(thanks kenny). With the floor done it means I can start framing and putting in the windows. This is what I have been looking forward too. I am very happy with the flooring..looks great and adds a lot of strength to the building. After the little work bee..it was another meal on the beach. Love eating outdoors. All of us (jana,sydney,caroline,liam, jon and kenny) raced back in the two boats. We had an hour before our guests left. Since the tide was so low the floatplane couldn't dock. So we loaded there gear in the skiff and go meet the plane. After the pilot landed and shut off the engine we approached. Since it was blowing pretty good and he was worried about drifting into shore we tied the skiff to the pontoon. I kept the motor running while we loaded the plane. As caroline and kenny got on another person got off. So I was a regular water taxi. Lots of fun. Going to miss Kenny and Caroline...I wonder who our next guest will be?????

No comments:

Post a Comment