Thursday, April 21, 2011

two prawns






production is up now I got two prawns...couples weeks I should have enough for a meal. Also went and scratched my head by the big tree awhile. Cut most of the limbs off last low tide..now to cut it up. All I could get was the top off. I am kinda scared to cut the root wad off. Afraid it is gonna squish me. Tomorrow on the low tide I will take another look at it.

Made some good discoveries on the beach this morning. We had lots of visitors. One group came to play with Liam's new horseshoe set. They also found a big bunch of almost edible crabs burrowed in the sand. The other group was busy digging clams. They had a couple buckets full. Never seen anyone do it..seemed pretty easy and was right in front of our cabin. May have to try it. Not sure I like clams though...need Josh here to make his famous clam chowder.

Also found my best beachcombing discovery of the season. A 2x12 cedar 25foot board..yes 25 feet. Surprisingly long..All I need is 40 more and I can re-do the boardwalk to the road, where I park my truck.


No comments:

Post a Comment