Monday, April 11, 2011

not much of a day

pretty casual day around here today. woke up to some fresh snow/hail on the ground. lots of weather coming and going. windy,rainy,sunny,rainy,haily,windy. Supposed to be a big storm tomorrow..should be fun. The one nice thing about this weather is you don't have to worry about food outside and refridgeration. Tried to start on some wiring. Had a confusing diagram that josh wimbush made me. Once I studied it for awhile it started to make sense and came in really handy. Managed to get a few lights hooked up and they are currently working right now with the generator plugged in.
Also hiked it over to Ben and Shannons...shared a cheesecake and dropped off some belated birthday gifts we had.
Sure glad about my firewood situation. I was a bit worried that we woodn't have enough or dry enough wood to burn. I had cut up alot of wet green cedar...like very wet, boggy dripping cedar last year. I piled it under the cabin. Well the wind that blows under there dried it out beautifully..so we have tons..which is a big bonus.

1 comment:

  1. What other projects besides wiring and gardening do you got planned? Or is this trip mostly just about sitting back and enjoying the cabin and surroundings? What ever you do, make sure you take pictures document it here daily! Every moment I'm bored in this office I check the blog and wish I was there. Good thing work hasn't been to slow lately.

    Uncle E.

    ReplyDelete