Tuesday, April 26, 2011

technology


In the the last couple years we got cell phone service out here. This has been a big plus. No more hiking out to the pay phone to find out hockey scores. This is also how we can get the blog done. This year I have a made a few changes. I purchased a little $60 antenna that plugs in to my aircard. This really boosts my internet speed and signal availbility. Last year I had to hike down to the beach every time I needed to go online. It also took a lot longer to upload photos. Also the battery in our 13" Macbook wasn't very good so I had to lug the generator around with me. Now I can do it all inside the cabin..nice and warm and dry. Way faster too.
Bought a new generator this year. A Honda 2000. Perfect little unit. Quiet and sips the gas. It has been working great. Can't say enough good things about it. Easy to start. Light weight. Anyways I still had to run it all the time for the computer to work. But we finally got our new laptop battery in the mail. So now when I run the generator during the day for my powertools it also charges the laptop. So far this has been working just great.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon! I'm glad the technology is working for you as it's allowing us to keep up with what's all happening in Oona River! We're enjoying the updates. ~Stan
    PS: Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great place!
    All the best looks like a wonderful spot

    ReplyDelete