Sunday, April 17, 2011

clarence the crab






Good Morning Everyone! My name is clarence the crab. This morning when I woke up I knew it was gonna be a rough day. First off the sun was up and blaring straight in my eyes. Also the water around me seemed to be disappearing quite quickly. I had to find a hiding spot and fast. Quickly I scurried down the rocks..onto the sand and made a bee-line for the kelp beds. I only had moments to spare before the huge two legged monsters crawled out of their driftwood cave. When the tide is out and sun is shining it is almost guaranteed that those humans will be crawling and picking and poking all through my neighborhood.
Well I didn't quite make. All of a sudden the fast quickest most brightly dressed human around caught me......I new I was in trouble. She started chirping for her young ones. They came running. It isn't eveyday they catch a rock crab of my size and tenacity. Well she proceeded to...toss me and twist me and put me on display for her young ones. Just when I thought she was gonna toss me in the soup pot..she surprised me. Gently putting me down on the sand....they proceeded to scurry down the beach....off too pester sarah starfish...better her than me anyways.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!! Thanks for the perspective- and the very very cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a beautiful day the ocean is so nice and still, great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hi...nice to be able to read your blog again...it reads soooo delightful!
    Have a good week you guys.Aunty Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam, Oma wants you to find her some sand dollars with beautiful designs, o.k., Sydney I put Maya (your bunny) in my greenhouse, she sure is hard to catch, and she scratches..

    ReplyDelete