Tuesday, April 26, 2011

back to work





So enough easter egg hunts and potluck dinners. Time to get back to work. Time to get back to my big cedar. So after cutting it up for a few hours it's not quite as big as it first looked. Still well over two feet at the butt. I managed to cut it up into 3 decent logs. Should make a few boards if I can ever get it over to Ben's mill. The log has a pretty serious scar on it. Ben had seen it a few days prior and assumed it was rotten. I also was very surprised that it wasn't. But it is quite sound inside. I had to use Ben's big chainsaw with a long bar to cut the tree up. (he doesn't like it if you plunge it into salt water..make sure you rinse it off) I cut 7 - 6" slices off the butt. Then towed them over with the skiff. Now I got to role them up the beach and we can use them for our path building projects. The rest of the logs are tied to shore and when the time is right I will tow them to Ben's mill.

Spent a bunch more time on Eric's room. Insulating the walls with styrofoam and covering it up with some cedar and pine t/g that I had been given. Looks good. Now Jana is busy making curtains. Wow..with curtains this will be the best room in the place. Gonna have to charge extra for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment