Friday, June 11, 2010

First storm

As I sit here writing this the rain is starting. Today was a drizzly wet windy day. And it looks like tonight could be a storm. Could be interesting. Jana burnt all the firewood I set out plus more today trying to keep everyone warm. They are all doing fine living the wild life. I came home to Jana bathing two kids in a tote beside the fire...stay tuned for pics. The highlights of there day involved kite flying...followed by Liam being distracted by potential pinching crab hiding spots....dropping the kite.... then watching the kite get hung up in a tree near Opa's cabin. It is still there. That will be tomorrow's project. We also had to change our first bottle of propane in our new stove. Not bad..Jana used the oven numerous times baking breading and heating stuff up. We got almost a week out of it. Now too see how long the fridge bottle lasts.
I have just finished three days of logging. My job has been hoe chucking. Moving lots of cedar, hemlock, cyprus and spruce wood. Nothing to huge yet..excepts some big ugly cedar snags. Kinda fun running a power grapple. I took my GPS too work today to figure out where exactly I was working. We are 1km from the Salt Lagoon..which is off the end of Porcher Narrows..in case any one has a map. We hope to build road too it. Now I get the weekend off...there is a wedding in Oona River this weekend. The school yard is decorated and lots of visitors. Gonna be fun...supposed to rain 40mils and blow...should be interesting. Still fun though.

1 comment:

  1. Really missing you alot - hoping for some Tyhee lake time some time or another this summer. I may just have to make the commute to Oona for some beach time with you guys! I'll bring the unhealthy snacks - you bring the toys!

    ReplyDelete